Art & Code
This page is a jungle of links that I'm struggling to process myself. Some areas don't even have content in them, just an open space and a desire to fill it.
Artificial Life Generators
A-Life or Artificial Life is a field of computer simulation used by science and art to generate organic-like systems in the computer. Not even sure where to jump into the space. Some links below.
- Cellular Automation a way of simulating organic systems digitally.
- Digital Organisms artificial life simulations.
- Nervegarden a Virtual Terrarium in Cyberspace.
- Morphogenisis is a type of generative art in which complex shape development.
- Groboto another great program that has recieved artificial life techniques. But its life is uncertain at the moment.
- Search for Generative art on github.
Math for Art
- graph theory
- game theory
- cell automata
- structural modeling
- Julia Fractals
- Mark Zimmer's blog
- Interactive Geometry A mster list of software.
- Patterns from many sources.
- Vertical Rhythm
- Verticle Center
- Verticle Grid
- Fibonacci grid articles
- Renard numbers
Old Book Grids
- The Secret Law of Page Harmony This is one of the best aricles on book layout methods from Mideval to modern design.
Web Animation Tools
Artists and their tools
- Joshua Davis Iterative and generative art. Also has his own script libraries.
- His skillshare where he teaches his tools.
- his tools the Hype Framework deals with generative art.
- processing is a generative tool that brings art and programming together, it is also the code base for Arduino.
- Protovis Another visualization script
- David li
- Trianglify generates triangular gradients.
- Generative art links Syntopia is a collection of blog posts and resources.
- Artists promote math
Art Organizations and Journals
- Creative Tech Week The hype: Creative Technology is transforming culture, design, and art with software, electronics and data.
- Harvest Works Founded as a not-for-profit organization by artists in 1977, Harvestworks has helped a generation of artists create new works using technology.
- Journal of Mathematics and the Arts search your local library for access.